Best Travel Insurance Dubai Plans for Canadians (2023)
Getting a good travel insurance Dubai plan is essential for visiting Canadians to ensure a worry-free and secure journey. While Dubai offers a captivating blend of modernity and tradition, unexpected situations such as medical emergencies, trip cancellations, or lost belongings can disrupt even the best-laid plans.
A comprehensive travel insurance policy tailored to Dubai safeguards against these unforeseen events, providing financial protection and access to quality healthcare services. But how do you find a policy that works best for you?
In this guide, we take you through how travel insurance in Dubai works, what it covers, what it doesn't, and pricing. You can use the HelloSafe comparator to compare plans and coverage and get free tailor-made quotes so you can pick a policy that suits your unique needs.
Top 5 travel insurance Dubai plans for Canadians
- SoNomad travel insurance to Dubai: Excellent customer service
- Allianz travel insurance to Dubai for Canadians: Strong financial rating
- TuGo travel insurance to Dubai: Extensive coverage
- Manulife travel insurance for Dubai: Up to $10 million of coverage
- Blue Cross travel insurance Dubai: An extensive network of healthcare providers
Top 5 Best travel insurance Dubai plans
SoNomad travel insurance: Excellent customer service
SoNomad offers travel insurance to Dubai for Canadians. Their policies include coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellation and interruption, lost luggage, and emergency evacuation. They also offer coverage for activities that you will be doing in Dubai, such as scuba diving or desert safari.
Here are some of the benefits of getting SoNomad travel insurance to Dubai for Canadians:
- Competitive prices: SoNomad offers competitive prices on travel insurance.
- Easy to use website: SoNomad's website is easy to use and navigate. You can get a quote and purchase a policy online in just a few minutes.
- Wide range of coverage: SoNomad offers a wide range of coverage options to choose from. You can tailor your policy to your specific needs.
- Excellent customer service: SoNomad has a reputation for excellent customer service. If you have any questions or problems, you can contact their customer service team 24/7.
Allianz travel insurance: Strong financial rating
Allianz’s policies include coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellation and interruption, lost luggage, and emergency evacuation. Here are some of the benefits of getting Allianz travel insurance to Dubai:
- Financial strength: Allianz is a leading global insurance company with a strong financial rating. This means that you can be confident that your policy will be honored in case of a claim.
- Wide range of coverage: Allianz offers a wide range of coverage options to choose from. You can tailor your policy to your specific needs.
- Excellent customer service: Allianz has a reputation for excellent customer service. If you have any questions or problems, you can contact their customer service team 24/7.
TuGo travel insurance to Dubai: Extensive coverage
Designed specifically for Canadian citizens embarking on journeys within Canada or abroad, TuGo’s coverage offers comprehensive protection. It encompasses a range of scenarios, including medical emergencies, trip cancellations, baggage losses, and unexpected incidents that might occur during their travels.
Here are its key features:
- Coverage for emergency medical expenses
- Protection for trip cancellation and interruption
- Safeguarding against baggage loss and delay
- Assistance for travel delays
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage
Certain TuGo travel insurance plans may also encompass incidents related to rental cars, such as damages from collisions or theft. Furthermore, TuGo provides round-the-clock travel assistance services, aiding travelers with emergencies, medical coordination, and inquiries related to their travel. TuGo's coverage extends to COVID-related travel insurance needs as well.
Manulife travel insurance: Up to $10 million of coverage
Manulife stands as one of Canada's premier insurance providers, offering a wide spectrum of coverage options. Their plans are characterized by their adaptability, presenting diverse tiers of protection. Inclusive plans encompass a comprehensive array of prominent travel vulnerabilities, ranging from urgent medical attention to trip cancellations and baggage misplacement.
Highlighted below are some of the advantages:
- Coverage tailored for single or multiple journeys.
- A variety of propositions catering to different categories: domestic Canadian travelers, Canadians venturing overseas, visitors, students
- Transparent elucidation of the extent of coverage provided by each plan
- Emergency medical benefits reaching up to $10 million
- Exclusive Costco-affiliated Manulife travel insurance available to Costco members
Blue Cross travel insurance Dubai: An extensive network of healthcare providers
Blue Cross holds a reputable stature catering to the needs of travelers through its array of travel insurance plans. These policies encompass a wide spectrum of travel-related contingencies, ranging from medical emergencies to trip disruptions and baggage misplacement.
The company's mission revolves around furnishing travelers with peace of mind, shielding them from unforeseen expenses while journeying abroad. With its expansive array of coverage possibilities and established standing in the insurance domain, Blue Cross emerges as a compelling choice for Canadian voyagers seeking steadfast travel insurance solutions.
Here are its advantages:
- Thorough coverage for medical emergencies encountered during travel
- Options encompassing coverage for trip cancellations and interruptions
- Inclusion of protection against lost or delayed baggage incidents
- Multi-trip policies tailored for frequent travelers
- Access to an extensive network of healthcare providers
It is advisable to weigh multiple options from various providers before buying a policy. All you need to do is use our comparator below and compare coverages, and exclusions, and get free personalized quotes from the best travel insurance providers in seconds.
Do you need travel insurance in Dubai?
It is advisable for Canadian tourists to purchase travel insurance when traveling to Dubai. Although travel insurance for Dubai is not mandatory, it can provide you with peace of mind and financial protection in case of any unforeseen events, such as medical emergencies, flight cancellations, or lost luggage.
Here are some of the benefits of having travel insurance for Dubai:
- Medical coverage: This will cover the cost of your medical expenses, including doctor's visits, hospital stays, and ambulance transportation.
- Emergency evacuation: This covers the cost of your evacuation to your home country in case of a medical emergency.
- Trip cancellation and interruption: This will reimburse you for your non-refundable travel expenses if your trip is canceled or interrupted due to a covered reason, such as illness, injury, or death.
- Baggage loss or damage: It offers coverage for the cost of replacing your lost or damaged baggage.
- Personal liability: This will cover you in case you are sued for an injury or damage caused to another person.
How much travel insurance do I need in Dubai?
The minimum coverage for medical expenses required by the UAE government is USD 30,000 (40,510 CAD approximately). However, it is advisable to get a policy with higher coverage, as the cost of medical treatment in Dubai can be very expensive.
In addition to medical expenses, travel insurance should also cover other expenses, such as trip cancellation and interruption, lost luggage, and emergency evacuation.
When choosing a travel insurance policy for Dubai, it is important to read the fine print and understand the coverage that is included. You should also make sure that the policy is valid in the UAE.
Here are some of the things to look for in a travel insurance policy for Dubai:
- Medical coverage of at least USD 30,000
- Coverage for trip cancellation and interruption
- Coverage for lost luggage
- Coverage for emergency evacuation
- Coverage for personal liability
- Coverage for activities that you will be doing in Dubai, such as scuba diving or desert safari
What is travel medical insurance for Dubai?
The UAE does not have a mandatory travel medical insurance requirement, but it is highly recommended. This is because the cost of medical care in Dubai can be very high and travel insurance can help you cover the costs of unexpected medical expenses, such as doctor's visits, hospital stays, and ambulance rides.
Here are some of the benefits of buying travel medical insurance for Dubai:
- Coverage for medical expenses, including doctor's visits, hospital stays and ambulance rides
- Optional coverage for lost luggage and trip cancellations
- Coverage for personal liability, such as if you are sued for accidentally injuring someone
- 24/7 emergency assistance
What’s the cost of travel insurance from Canada to Dubai?
Here are the estimated costs of travel insurance to Dubai from Canada for SoNomad, Allianz, TuGo, Manulife and Blue Cross:
|Provider||1-week policy for a 30-year-old Canadian|
|SoNomad||Starts at CAD 120|
|Allianz||Starts at CAD 100|
|TuGo||Starts at CAD 90|
|Manulife||Starts at CAD 80|
|Blue Cross||Starts at CAD 70|
These prices are just estimates and may vary depending on the specific policy you choose, your age, and other factors. It is always best to get a quote from each provider to compare prices and coverage.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when comparing travel insurance quotes:
- The level of coverage
- The deductible
- The waiting period
- The cancellation policy
We recommend that you compare pricing from various providers before deciding upon one. All you need to do is use our comparator below and compare coverages, and exclusions, and get free personalized quotes from the best travel insurance providers.
Prepare for your trip
Compare. Choose. Save.
How can you find cheap travel insurance for Dubai?
Here are some tips on how you can find cheap travel insurance to Dubai:
- Compare quotes from different providers: There are many different travel insurance providers out there, so it's important to compare quotes before you buy. You can use the HelloSafe comparator above and get personalized quotes in seconds.
- Consider your needs: When you're comparing quotes, be sure to consider your specific needs. For example, if you're planning on activities that might require extra coverage, like scuba diving or skydiving, choose a plan that covers high-risk activities.
- Buy in advance: You'll usually get a better price if you buy your travel insurance in advance.
- Look for discounts: Many travel insurance providers offer discounts for things like bundling your travel insurance with your other travel arrangements, being a member of a certain group, or being over a certain age.