Kraft Heinz stock is an attractive yield stock to add to your stock portfolio if you are looking for a steady income.
How much can you make with Kraft Heinz stock?
Get up-to-date and precise information on Kraft Heinz stock with its current price, dividend yield, analysis and our opinion.
This page is for information purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Remember that investing can be risky.
Want to buy shares in Kraft Heinz: Our key take-aways
- Stock exchange: Nasdaq
- Stock index: Nasdaq 100
- Dividend 2021: $1.60
- Dividend forecast 2022: $1.60
- Performance over 1 year: +3.05%
Should I buy Kraft Heinz stock?
As part of a yield strategy, it makes sense to buy Kraft Heinz shares.
Indeed, this American company has been paying its shareholders every year since 2015 with a dividend whose yield is currently above 4%, which is better than the average of its competitors.
Moreover, it is also possible that the price of this stock will increase in the coming years in view of the current signals of fundamental analysis and analysts' consensus.
Learn all about stocks and get investing advice online from The Motley Fool.
Investment recommendations and the best stock picks from The Motley Fool Stock Advisor
How can I buy shares in Kraft Heinz ?
To buy Kraft Heinz on the stock market:
- Find an online broker offering stock investments.
- Open your trading account by filling out a simple form.
- Deposit funds into your account.
- Search for the stock
- Place a buy order to add Kraft Heinz to your stock portfolio.
How much are Kraft Heinz shares?
See price chart below to follow Kraft Heinz stock price in real time.
Ready to invest in Kraft Heinz? Shop for through Qtrade.
Why Kraft Heinz shares could go up:
The current economic analysis of the Kraft-Heinz group shows various elements favouring a future increase in value:
- A diverse product portfolio: The group offers a diverse product portfolio through its various brands, giving it a distinct advantage in the marketplace and the ability to meet many consumer needs.
- Financial strength: Kraft-Heinz's net sales and revenues are growing over time and the company has not been financially impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Strong online presence: Through its website and social media presence, the group is able to build a strong network and engage its customers over time.
- A strong globalization: the Kraft-Heinz group also benefits from a strong international presence as its products are marketed in about 40 countries. The fact that it offers innovative products also allows it to penetrate certain markets more easily.
- A sustainable sector: the food sector responds to a constant need on the part of populations, which ensures that the company has a permanent and sustainable demand. The group is also trying to position itself in the healthy food segment, where demand is currently on the rise.
- Strategic acquisitions: With its strong cash flow, the Kraft-Heinz Group can afford to make further strategic acquisitions in different industries to further expand its brand portfolio.
Why Kraft Heinz shares could go down:
However, there are a few negative points for the group that could indicate a possible decline in this value:
- Product recalls: a few years ago, the group suffered recalls of products with a health risk, which made it lose a lot of money and tarnished its brand image.
- Declining profitability: although its sales are high, the Kraft-Heinz group's profitability shows net margins below the industry average, partly due to relatively higher prices than those of its competitors.
- Shelf-life problems: Like all food companies, Kraft-Heinz has problems with the shelf-life of its products, which are sometimes delivered to customers past their use-by date.
- Strict policies: food safety policies have become stricter in recent years and the cost of compliance is increasingly weighing on the profitability of companies like Kraft-Heinz.
- Rising raw material prices: Finally, the group is currently facing rising raw material prices in all regions of the world, as well as rising wage levels.
Can I buy Kraft Heinz stock online?
Yes! You can buy Kraft Heinz shares online. For many buys this is the best way to do it. Here's why:
- The commissions are lower
- You can choose your own investments
- You benefit from analysis and decision support tools
- You can invest in stocks directly or through derivatives like ETFs.
How can I sell my Kraft Heinz shares?
To sell Kraft Heinz stock you have three options:
- You can sell Kraft Heinz stock for cash through a registered investment vehicle simply by placing a stock order to sell.
- If you have a margin account, you'll also be able to sell your shares short without having to hold them first.
- Finally, you can also choose to speculate on the downside of this stock by using derivatives such as CFDs and options.
What investment vehicles in Canada can hold Kraft Heinz stock?
Kraft Heinz shares can be placed in several different savings vehicles including"
- RRSPs: these registered retirement savings plans offer funds that are accessible at the time of retirement and offer an income tax deferral.
- TFSAs: tax-free savings accounts is an incredibly popular short-and long-term tax-free investment vehicle.
- Margin accounts: This account offers leverage and allows you to borrow against the value of the securities you hold to make other investments. It allows you to sell short.
- Cash accounts: This account allows you to trade stocks on North American markets only.
Buying individual Kraft Heinz stock is easy through an online brokerage.
But this stock is also part of some mutual funds and ETFs that also include other stocks in the same industry or market index.
Kraft Heinz share price history over 10 years:
|Période||Evolution||Cours le plus bas||Cours le plus haut|
Kraft Heinz dividends and payment dates
In 2021, the Kraft-Heinz group paid a dividend of $1.60 to its shareholders.
The group has also been paying its shareholders continuously since 2015.
Kraft-Heinz's dividend is paid quarterly, i.e. four times a year with ex-dividend dates in March, May, August and November.
The current dividend yield of the Kraft-Heinz share is 3.78%.
The projected dividend for 2022 is also $1.60 per share.
|Dividend: payout 2021||Payout 1||Payout 2||Payout 3||Payout 4|
|Dividend per stock||$0.40 per share||$0.40 per share||$0.40 per share||$0.40 per share|
|Dividend: payout 2022||Payout 1||Payout 2||Payout 3||Payout 4|
|Dividend per stock||$0.40 per share||Pending||Pending||Pending|
What is the dividend yield for Kraft Heinz over the last 10 years?
The yield on Kraft Heinz shares is obtained by dividing the annual dividend by the annual average price.
A stock's yield provides key information about a company's dividend policy and its evolution over time and performance.
Annual gross shareholder return = Total dividend for the year ÷ average share price for the same year
The 10-year average return = Sum of annual returns ÷ 10
What analysts are saying about Kraft Heinz stock:
A critical analysis of Kraft Heinz stock:
Fundamental analysis of Kraft-Heinz stock shows an interesting situation for both short and long-term strategy with the following indicators:
- Earnings outlook: the company's earnings outlook for the next few years is strong and represents a real attraction.
- Low valuation: Kraft-Heinz's valuation appears to be relatively low in relation to its net book value.
- Excellent visibility: Visibility on the group's activities appears to be very good, given the small differences between the various analysts' estimates.
- Weak growth prospects: despite real growth prospects, these are weaker than for other stocks in the same sector according to analysts.
- High debt: Kraft-Heinz's financial situation is also penalized by a still high debt level.
- Below expectations: Historically, Kraft-Heinz has published results below market expectations.
A technical analysis of Kraft Heinz stock:
The technical and chart analysis of Kraft-Heinz shares also shows interesting bullish signals in the more or less long-term with:
- The RSI which is at 57.64 and which sends a neutral signal on this value.
- The stochastics over all periods are also all giving a neutral signal on the Kraft-Heinz share.
- The MACD is positive and at 0.12, giving a moderate buy signal.
- The simple and exponential moving averages are all returning a strong buy signal with the exception of the MA50 exponential moving average which is returning a sell signal.
- The next technical support levels for this stock are at 30.02 and 24.13 and the next resistance levels are located at 43.37 and 50.83.
Who is Kraft Heinz?
The Kraft Heinz Company Group is an American company in the food industry. More precisely, the company is specialized in the manufacture and sale of food products.
The Kraft Heinz Company owns and operates various brands with Kraft, Heinz, ABC, Capri Sun, Classico, Jell-O, Jool-Aid, Lunchables, Maxwell House, Oscar Mayer, Ore-Ida, Philadelphia, Planters, Plasmon, Quero, Weight Watchers Smart Ones and Velveeta.
Sales break down as follows:
- Ketchup and sauces and condiments with 26% of sales
- Snacks, prepared products and frozen products with 21.2% of sales
- Cheese and dairy products with 19.6% of sales
- Soft drinks, energy drinks, juices and coffees with 10.4% of the turnover
- Meat and seafood with 9.6% of the turnover
- Confectionery, desserts and pastry products with 8.3% of the turnover
- Nutritional products and baby food with 1.6% of the turnover
- Other products with 3.3% of sales
The geographical distribution of the Group's activities is:
- The United States with 73.3% of turnover
- Canada with 6.3% of turnover
- The United Kingdom with 4.2% of turnover
- The rest of the world with 16.2% of turnover
Kraft-Heinz currently employs 36 000 people.
Who are Kraft Heinz’s competitors?
Kraft-Heinz has many competitors, some of them large, whom you should be aware of. Here is their main competition:
- Mondelez International: this U.S. brand is known for its confectionery, food and small and medium-sized restaurant products. It is one of the strongest in the market.
- Nestlé: the Swiss multinational food and beverage processing conglomerate is also ranked among the world's largest food companies.
- Danone: This multinational food company operates worldwide, including in the United States under the Dannon brand. It markets its products in more than 120 markets around the world with a wide variety of products.
- Kerry Foods: This group is a public food company that offers products including food ingredients and flavors, cheese and cheese snacks, as well as prepared foods, sausages and other products.
- Unilever: This UK-based multinational consumer goods company is also active in various segments including food such as condiments, ice cream, minerals and supplements, tea, coffee, beauty products and other products with over 400 brands.
- ADM: This other U.S. multinational food processing company also offers raw material trading and storage and transportation of agricultural materials. It competes with Kraft-Heinz in the food processing sector.
- PepsiCo: the company best-known for Pepsi also operates several subsidiaries that supply food products.
- Kellogg's: This well-known brand is an American multinational food manufacturer that operates worldwide with products marketed in more than 180 countries.
Who are Kraft Heinz’s partners?
The Kraft-Heinz Group regularly enters into strategic alliances with other companies and some of its recent partners include
- Google: The group has signed a partnership with Google to provide a range of cloud-based IT services.
- Disney: DisneyLand Paris has officially selected Kraft Heinz and its portfolio of sauces as the official condiment partner for both Disney Village and Disney Hotels.
- Simplot Food Group: Another partnership has been established with this division of JR Simplot Co in an agreement that will establish Simplot as the exclusive manufacturer and supplier of the Ore-Ida brand.