Hertz Shares: Price, Dividends and Performance
Recently re-listed on the stock market, Hertz stock holds potential in the coming years.
How much can you make with Hertz stock?
Get up-to-date and precise information on Hertz stock with its current price, dividend yield, analysis and our opinion.
This page is for information purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Remember that investing can be risky.
Want to buy shares in Hertz: Our key take-aways
- Stock exchange: Nasdaq
- Stock index: Nasdaq 100
- Dividend 2021: $0
- Dividend forecast 2022: $0
- 1-Year Performance: n/a
Should I buy Hertz stock?
Investing in Hertz stock allows you to implement a growth strategy for your stock portfolio. It seems posed to gain value.
Although Hertz does not pay its shareholders a dividend, the consensus of analysts regarding its growth potential is particularly optimistic.
It is therefore not a yield stock but an attractive growth stock.
Ready to invest in Hertz? Shop now on Qtrade.
Want to buy stocks? Qtrade makes it easy.
How can I buy shares in Hertz ?
To buy Hertz on the stock market:
- Find an online broker offering stock investments.
- Open your trading account by filling out a simple form.
- Deposit funds into your account.
- Search for the stock
- Place a buy order to add Hertz to your stock portfolio.
How much are Hertz shares?
See price chart below to follow Hertz stock price in real time.
Why Hertz shares could go up:
Elements of Hertz economic and environmental analysis of Hertz that suggest its share price may rise, include:
- A strong international presence: geographically, the Hertz group has a significant reach compared to its competitors.
- Significant innovation: the group is committed to innovation in order to maintain a stable market position by improving customer satisfaction.
- Strategic acquisitions: Since its inception, the group has acquired several other car rental companies to strengthen its position and market share.
- Diversified operations: The group has diversified its operations and revenue streams over time by developing a corporate equipment rental business.
- A strong brand image: Hertz is a globally recognized brand with a strong reputation.
- Strategic partnerships: Hertz regularly enters into strategic partnerships with other companies to increase its revenues.
Why Hertz shares could go down:
Other elements of this analysis point to a possible decline in the share price over the medium or long-term, including
- A difficult financial situation: the group's debt is particularly high, which makes it unprofitable and reduces its investment possibilities.
- A shrinking fleet: the group has also reduced its fleet of vehicles over the past few years, which has led to some commercial difficulties.
- Strong competition: the car rental sector is particularly competitive with many strong opponents both in its segment and in other segments such as Uber.
- Major expenses: the group is currently making major investments to electrify its fleet of vehicles in order to comply with environmental regulations.
- A strong dependence on oil prices: Hertz also sees its activities exposed to the rise in fuel and oil prices.
- No dividend: Finally, the fact that Hertz stock does not pay a dividend may be a deterrent for yield-seeking investors.
Can I buy Hertz stock online?
Yes! You can buy Hertz shares online. For many buyers this is the best way to do it. Here's why:
- The commissions are lower
- You can choose your own investments
- You benefit from analysis and decision support tools
- You can invest in stocks directly or through derivatives like ETFs.
How can I sell my Hertz shares?
While Canadian registered investment vehicles only allow you to sell the Hertz stock you own, there are other ways to short sell this stock.
One way is to open a margin account to short the stock.
It is also possible to bet on the decline of this stock by using derivatives such as options or CFDs.
What investment vehicles in Canada can hold Hertz stock?
Hertz shares can be placed in several different savings vehicles including"
- RRSPs: these registered retirement savings plans offer funds that are accessible at the time of retirement and offer an income tax deferral.
- TFSAs: tax-free savings accounts is an incredibly popular short-and long-term tax-free investment vehicle.
- Margin accounts: This account offers leverage and allows you to borrow against the value of the securities you hold to make other investments. It allows you to sell short.
- Cash accounts: This account allows you to trade stocks on North American markets only.
You can buy Hertz stock through an online broker and place direct buy orders on the number of stocks you want to add to your stock portfolio.
Another method is to invest in a basket of stocks that includes that stock and other securities through ETFs or exchange traded funds and mutual funds.
Hertz share price history over 10 years:
Hertz dividends and payment dates
In 2021, the Hertz Group paid no dividends to its shareholders.
It appears that the company has never paid its shareholders in past years. This lack of dividend is due to the need for Hertz to maximize its profits and reinvest them in its growth, but also to the company's high level of debt.
The group has no plans to pay a dividend in 2022.
What is the dividend yield for Hertz over the last 10 years?
The yield on Hertz shares is obtained by dividing the annual dividend by the annual average price.
A stock's yield provides key information about a company's dividend policy and its evolution over time and performance.
Good to know
Annual gross shareholder return = Total dividend for the year ÷ average share price for the same year
Good to know
The 10-year average return = Sum of annual returns ÷ 10
What analysts are saying about Hertz stock:
A critical analysis of Hertz stock:
Fundamental analysis of the Hertz share over the medium and long-term shows many interesting signals:
- Attractive valuation: the company is currently one of the most attractive companies in the market in terms of valuation and earnings multiples.
- Strong cash flow: The group also generates strong cash flow, which also supports its valuation level.
- Rising estimates: In recent months, analysts have mostly revised their revenue and earnings per share expectations upward.
- Fragile financial situation: Given its high debt, the Hertz group's financial situation appears to be still fragile.
- Variable price targets: the price targets of the analysts who study this stock still differ significantly, which reflects a certain difficulty in evaluating the company and its activities.
A technical analysis of Hertz stock:
From a technical analysis point of view, Hertz stock seems to be benefiting from bullish signals in the more or less long-term with the following chart indicators:
- The RSI is currently at 100, which sends an overbought signal on this stock.
- The short, medium and long-term stochastics are also all sending an overbought signal on Hertz.
- The MACD is at 6.07, which this time sends a strong buy signal on the stock.
- The simple and exponential moving averages over all time frames are all sending a strong buy signal.
- The next technical resistances for this Hertz stock are at 24.64 and 27.13 and the next technical supports are located at 18.61 and 15.07.
Who is Hertz?
Hertz Global Holdings is a U.S. holding company that owns Rental Car Intermediate Holding, which in turn owns Hertz Corporation, Hertz Global's primary operating company.
This company operates in different segments and in this way:
- The Americas RAC segment which offers vehicle rental, value-added service sales in the United States, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean and also owns franchises and partners operating rental locations under its brands.
- The RAC International segment, which offers vehicle rental and leasing and the sale of value-added services in other countries around the world.
Brands owned and operated by the Hertz Group include Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly. The international car and vehicle rental business operates from more than 11,400 corporate and franchise locations in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, the Middle East and New Zealand.
Les marques détenues et exploitées par le groupe Hertz comprennent Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty et Firefly. L'activité de location de voitures et de véhicules à l'international est exercées depuis plus de 11 400 sites d'entreprises et franchisés en Amérique du Nord, en Europe, en Afrique, en Asie, en Australie, aux Caraïbes, au Moyen-Orient et en Nouvelle-Zélande.
Who are Hertz’s competitors?
There are currently a few major global players in the car rental industry. Here are the main competitors of the Hertz group in the market today:
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: this American car rental company is a subsidiary of Enterprise Holdings and is currently positioned as the leader in this sector. The group is present in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Europe.
- Europcar Mobility Group: this French company offers mobility solutions, including car rental, chauffeur services, car sharing, electric scooter sharing, car rental between individuals, and transportation search and comparison services.
- Sixt International: this other European company is a German company that was created in 1912 and is one of the most important in the European market.
- Uber: Finally, Uber, formerly known as UberCab, is an indirect competitor of Hertz. This technology company develops and operates mobile applications that connect users and drivers.
Who are Hertz’s partners?
Hertz' growth strategy is based largely on strategic partnerships with other companies. Its current key partners include:
- Nissan: A partnership has been established with this car manufacturer. Hertz will provide convenience and speed for the official UEFA partner.
- Tesla: a partnership between Hertz and Tesla has also been signed in electric vehicles with the order of 100 000 Tesla electric vehicles by Hertz for a total amount of $4.2 billion USD.
- Bosch Car Service: the world's leading multi-brand automotive service and repair network signed a partnership with Hertz to offer its customers the opportunity to rent vehicles through the Hertz network.
- Eurowings: the two companies signed a partnership called "Fly&Drive" and celebrated the event by painting an Airbus A320 in the car rental company's yellow color.
- Air France: Hertz, Thrifty and Firefly have become exclusive car rental partners for Air France for a period of four years. Hertz and Air France have been partners for over 28 years.
Want to buy stocks? Qtrade makes it easy.