Pepsi Shares: Price, Dividends and Performance
If you're looking for a stable stock with steady returns and the potential for capital gains, Pepsi U.S. stock is worth considering.
How much can you make with Pepsi stock?
Get up-to-date and precise information on Pepsi stock with its current price, dividend yield, analysis and our opinion.
This page is for information purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Remember that investing can be risky.
Want to buy shares in Pepsi: Our key take-aways
- Stock exchange: NYSE
- Stock index: S&P500
- Dividend 2021: $4.248
- 2022 Dividend Forecast: $5
- 1-year performance: +20.65%
Should I buy Pepsi stock?
Buying Pepsi stock will allow you to receive a regular dividend while implementing a growth strategy.
This stock can be considered both as a yield stock since the group has been paying its shareholders a dividend for many years and as a growth stock with moderate but consistent performance.
Ready to invest in Pepsi? Shop now on Qtrade.
Want to buy stocks? Qtrade makes it easy.
How can I buy shares in Pepsi ?
To buy Pepsi on the stock market:
- Find an online broker offering stock investments.
- Open your trading account by filling out a simple form.
- Deposit funds into your account.
- Search for the stock
- Place a buy order to add Pepsi to your stock portfolio.
How much are Pepsi shares?
See price chart below to follow Pepsi stock price in real time.
Why Pepsi shares could go up:
There are many elements of PepsiCo's current economic analysis that suggest that the share price could rise in the coming months and years,including:
- A recognized brand: the Pepsi brand is ranked among the best brands in the world and the group is also one of the most powerful in the food sector.
- Diversified products: The fact that the group sells both beverages and food allows it to diversify its revenue sources and gain profitability. The group owns and operates over 22 brands.
- Strong international presence: PepsiCo has a strong international presence with products sold in more than 200 countries around the world.
- Market dominance: currently, the Pepsi group represents 22% of the soft drinks market share in the United States, ahead of Coca Cola with 20%.
- Good supply chain management: Pepsi's effective supply chain management allows it to operate more efficiently in different global markets.
- Effective marketing: Pepsi has many partnerships in the sports industry, which helps in its marketing and communication strategy.
- A responsible company: PepsiCo owns the PepsiCo Foundation, which works with international and community organizations to improve resource sustainability.
- A loyal customer base: Finally, the group can count on the loyalty of its customers, especially the younger generation.
Why Pepsi shares could go down:
Of course, there are other factors that point to a decline in the price of this Pepsi stock, including
- A strong dependence on the food and beverage market : the group's activities and revenues are still strongly dependent on beverages and packaged foods, which represents a major risk.
- Criticism of its products: Pepsi's products are sometimes criticized as being unhealthy, which can be problematic given the changing habits of today's consumers.
- Controversial ads: PepsiCo was recently criticized for trivializing the Black Lives Matter movement by featuring Kendall Jenner in one of its ads.
- Poor environmental record: The company has been singled out as one of the top three plastic polluters and has not taken significant steps to increase the recycling of its bottles.
Can I buy Pepsi stock online?
Yes! You can buy Pepsi shares online. For many buyers this is the best way to do it. Here's why:
- The commissions are lower
- You can choose your own investments
- You benefit from analysis and decision support tools
- You can invest in stocks directly or through derivatives like ETFs.
How can I sell my Pepsi shares?
You will only be able to sell PepsiCo shares that you own with a Canadian registered investment or savings vehicle.
In fact, short selling is only allowed on this stock if you own and use a margin account.
However, you can also speculate on the decline of this stock through a derivative product such as an option or CFD.
What investment vehicles in Canada can hold Pepsi stock?
Pepsi shares can be placed in several different savings vehicles including"
- RRSPs: these registered retirement savings plans offer funds that are accessible at the time of retirement and offer an income tax deferral.
- TFSAs: tax-free savings accounts is an incredibly popular short-and long-term tax-free investment vehicle.
- Margin accounts: This account offers leverage and allows you to borrow against the value of the securities you hold to make other investments. It allows you to sell short.
- Cash accounts: This account allows you to trade stocks on North American markets only.
If you choose to buy Pepsi shares individually, you will simply have to place a stock market order from your brokerage platfor by choosing the number of shares you want.
You also have the option of investing in a more diversified way in this stock and other stocks in the same sector through an ETF or a mutual fund.
Pepsi share price history over 10 years:
Pepsi dividends and payment dates
In 2021, PepsiCo paid a dividend of $4.30 to its shareholders.
The group has paid its shareholders every year without interruption since 1980. The dividend is paid four times a year with ex-dividend dates in March, June, September and December.
Thanks to this dividend, the Pepsi share currently offers an annualized yield of 2.49%.
The dividend announced for 2022 by the group is still $4.30 per share.
|Dividend: payout 2021||Payout 1||Payout 2||Payout 3||Payout 4|
|Dividend per stock||$1.075 per share||$1.075 per share||$1.075 per share||$1.075 per share|
|Dividend: payout 2022||Payout 1||Payout 2||Payout 3||Payout 4|
|Dividend per stock||$1.075 per share||Pending||Pending||Pending|
What is the dividend yield for Pepsi over the last 10 years?
The yield on Pepsi shares is obtained by dividing the annual dividend by the annual average price.
A stock's yield provides key information about a company's dividend policy and its evolution over time and performance.
Good to know
Annual gross shareholder return = Total dividend for the year ÷ average share price for the same year
Good to know
The 10-year average return = Sum of annual returns ÷ 10
What analysts are saying about Pepsi stock:
A critical analysis of Pepsi stock:
Fundamental analysis of the Pepsi share shows interesting signals for a medium or long-term investment with the following indicators:
- A high price target: the average price target set by analysts is relatively far from the current price, which suggests an interesting performance.
- Good visibility on the business: visibility on the group's business for the coming years is excellent, with very similar opinions from the various analysts working on the file.
- Low growth prospects: however, the Pepsi group's growth prospects are currently low according to analysts' estimates.
- High valuation: PepsiCo is currently trading with high earnings multiples of 26.3 fps per share for the current year.
- Releases close to expectations: Pepsi's financial releases are generally close to market expectations.
A technical analysis of Pepsi stock:
Technical analysis of PepsiCo shares also shows strong buy signals over the long-term with the following indicators:
- The RSO is currently at the 69.432 level, which sends a strong buy signal on this stock
- The short and medium-term stochastics are sending a buy signal while the long-term stochastic is sending an oversold signal
- The MACD is at 1,023.17, which is also sending a strong buy signal on the Pepsi stock
- The simple and exponential moving averages over all periods are sending a buy signal and only the MA5 is sending a sell signal
- The next technical support levels are located at 157.40 and 147.42 and the next resistance levels are located at 173.33 and 179.28.
Who is Pepsi?
The PepsiCo Group Inc. is an American company that operates in the food industry. It is one of the largest manufacturers of soft drinks and snacks in the world.
The sales of the Pepsi company by area of activity are distributed as follows:
- North America with 59.9% of sales: beverage sales represent 53.1% of sales with sodas, concentrated juices, waters, tea and coffee drinks. Snacks represent 41.2% with chips, tortillas and pretzels.
- Europe with 16.4% of sales: also with the sale of snacks and drinks under different brands.
- Latin America with 10.2% of sales.
- Africa, Middle East and South Asia with 7.7% of sales
- Asia Pacific, Australia and New Zealand with 5.8% of sales
The group currently employs more than 309 000 people.
Who are Pepsi’s competitors?
Of course, Pepsi has many competitors in its field. These make up the most important ones:
- Nestlé: this Swiss multinational is one of the leaders in the global food industry and the largest dairy company in the world. The company is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
- Coca-Cola: Of course, The Coca-Cola Company is PepsiCo's biggest direct competitor. This American company specializes in soft drinks and is one of the largest companies in the world.
- Mars Incorporated: This other American food company is present in more than 100 countries around the world. It is entirely owned by the Mars family.
- Danone: the French multinational food company Danone is also one of the heavyweights in this sector. It is listed on the Euronext Paris market and is part of the CAC 40 index.
- Kraft Heinz: this American food company was created when Heinz acquired Kraft Foods Group in 2015.
- Mondelez International: this American multinational food company is particularly present in the cookie and chocolate sectors and also has a strong presence in the world. It is the world's number two food company in terms of sales volume.
Who are Pepsi’s partners?
While Pepsi's competitors are numerous, so are its allies as the group regularly establishes large-scale strategic partnerships. Here are its recent partners:
- Danone Waters of America: The importer and distributor of Evian natural spring water in Canada and the U.S. announced a partnership with Pepsi that will distribute its water brand in Canada.
- Beyond Meat: PepsiCo also recently entered into a partnership agreement with Beyond Meat to develop plant-based protein products.
- Subway: Subway's Subway Canada subsidiary announced a partnership with PepsiCo Canada to become the exclusive distributor of beverages and snacks for Subway® restaurants in Canada.
- Guru: Finally, PepsiCo recently acquired an equity interest in and became a partner of Guru. The company will benefit from the direct in-store distribution network of the American giant.
Want to buy stocks? Qtrade makes it easy.