Herbalife Shares: Price, Dividends and Performance
Herbalife stock continues to be an interesting investment strategy, especially if you are targeting growth stocks in the natural products market.
How much can you make with Herbalife stock?
Get up-to-date and precise information on Herbalife stock with its current price, dividend yield, analysis and our opinion.
This page is for information purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Remember that investing can be risky.
Want to buy shares in Herbalife: Our key take-aways
- Stock exchange: NYSE
- Stock index: S&P500
- Dividend 2021: $0
- Dividend forecast 2022: $0
- 1 year performance: -35.39%
Should I buy Herbalife stock?
If you are looking for a long-term growth strategy consider adding Herbalife stock to your stock portfolio.
With the sharp decline in its price over the past few years, this stock is currently considered undervalued by analysts, which means you can buy it at a low price and hope for future upside for a capital gain.
However, if you have a yield strategy in place, Herbalife has not paid a dividend for several years.
Ready to invest in Herbalife? Shop now on Qtrade.
Want to buy stocks? Qtrade makes it easy.
How can I buy shares in Herbalife ?
To buy Herbalife on the stock market:
- Find an online broker offering stock investments.
- Open your trading account by filling out a simple form.
- Deposit funds into your account.
- Search for the stock
- Place a buy order to add Herbalife to your stock portfolio.
How much are Herbalife shares?
See price chart below to follow Herbalife stock price in real time.
Why Herbalife shares could go up:
In the current analysis of Herbalife, there are a number of things that seem to indicate a strong likelihood of upside for this stock:
- Quality products: Herbalife is globally recognized as a quality brand whose products are considered beneficial to health.
- A strong marketing strategy: The company has also developed a strong marketing strategy and a solid distribution network that allows it to generate significant sales.
- Carefully created portfolio: Herbalife's product portfolio is composed of products that have been selected through scientific analysis and based on data analysis of target consumers' purchasing preferences.
- International presence: Herbalife is present in many countries and continues to pursue an international expansion strategy.
- Strategic Partnerships: The company's regular partnerships in sports continue to help it become better known to the general public.
Why Herbalife shares could go down:
On the other hand, other elements of analysis suggest that the Herbalife share price could see a decline:
- A lack of credibility: some consumers are skeptical of the products offered by Herbalife, especially in the field of natural weight loss.
- Lack of visibility in some countries: despite the efforts made by the group's expansion strategy, Herbalife is still little to unknown in some countries around the world.
- Strong competition: Herbalife is also subject to strong competition from certain major players in different segments of its business.
- High R&D costs: the cost of research and development of new products by Herbalife weighs heavily on its current profitability.
- Strong legislation: similarly, the group has to deal with governmental legislation and limitations related to health care.
Can I buy Herbalife stock online?
Yes! You can buy Herbalife shares online. For many buyers this is the best way to do it. Here's why:
- The commissions are lower
- You can choose your own investments
- You benefit from analysis and decision support tools
- You can invest in stocks directly or through derivatives like ETFs.
How can I sell my Herbalife shares?
To sell Herbalife shares in Canada with a registered account, you must hold them in a cash account. However, you can short sell by opening a margin account with an online broker.
Another way to speculate on the decline of this stock is to use derivatives such as CFDs or options.
What investment vehicles in Canada can hold Herbalife stock?
Herbalife shares can be placed in several different savings vehicles including"
- RRSPs: these registered retirement savings plans offer funds that are accessible at the time of retirement and offer an income tax deferral.
- TFSAs: tax-free savings accounts is an incredibly popular short-and long-term tax-free investment vehicle.
- Margin accounts: This account offers leverage and allows you to borrow against the value of the securities you hold to make other investments. It allows you to sell short.
- Cash accounts: This account allows you to trade stocks on North American markets only.
Buying Herbalife shares can be done in cash, that is, by placing a stock market order for the number of shares you want to buy from your brokerage platform.
You can also invest in a mutual fund or ETF, or exchange-traded fund, that includes this stock as well as other securities.
Herbalife share price history over 10 years:
Herbalife dividends and payment dates
In 2021, the Herbalife Group did not pay a dividend to its shareholders.
In fact, the company hasn't paid a dividend to its shareholders since 2014 and has not announced a dividend in 2022.
This lack of dividend is mainly due to the fact that the group does not generate enough profits to pursue a favourable distribution policy. In addition, it prefers to strategically reinvest its revenues in research and development in order to offer new products and gain growth.
What is the dividend yield for Herbalife over the last 10 years?
The yield on Herbalife shares is obtained by dividing the annual dividend by the annual average price.
A stock's yield provides key information about a company's dividend policy and its evolution over time and performance.
Good to know
Annual gross shareholder return = Total dividend for the year ÷ average share price for the same year
Good to know
The 10-year average return = Sum of annual returns ÷ 10
What analysts are saying about Herbalife stock:
A critical analysis of Herbalife stock:
Fundamental analysis of the Herbalife stock shows interesting signals in the medium and long-term given the following indicators:
- Attractive earnings multiples: The company has attractive earnings multiples with an enterprise value to sales ratio of 0.85 for the current year.
- Low valuation: Based on these ratios and current cash flows, Herbalife currently appears to be undervalued.
- Positive recommendations: The majority of analysts who cover this stock recommend Herbalife as a Buy or Overweight stock.
- High price target: The average price target of the analysts is quite far from the current price, which implies a strong appreciation potential of this stock.
- Consistent forecasts: Analysts' forecasts for this stock are relatively consistent, indicating that the company is fairly easy to value.
- Downwardly revised forecasts: However, in recent months, analysts have repeatedly revised their estimates downward regarding the company's revenues and earnings for the next few years.
- Disappointing publications: Historically, the group also tends to publish results below market expectations.
A technical analysis of Herbalife stock:
The technical analysis of the Herbalife share price is more pessimistic in the medium and long-term with the following indicators:
- The RSI is currently at 36.80 and therefore sends a strong sell signal on this stock.
- The short and medium-term stochastics are sending a sell signal and the long-term stochastic is sending an oversold signal.
- The MACD is negative at -3.50 and therefore also sends a sell signal on the Herbalife stock.
- The simple and exponential moving averages are also sending a sell signal except for the MA200 simple moving average which is sending a buy signal.
- The next technical support levels for the stock are currently at 27.88 and 25.41 while its next resistance levels are located at 35 and 39.65.
Who is Herbalife?
Herbalife Nutrition Ltd is a UK based global nutrition company.
It develops and markets weight management products, healthy meals and snacks, sports and fitness products, energy and nutrition products, and personal care products.
The group operates in different geographical areas including:
- North America and Mexico
- South and Central America
- Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Asia Pacific outside China
The Group's products are classified into five segments:
- Weight management products
- Targeted nutrition, energy, sport, and fitness products
- Outdoor nutrition products
- Skincare products
The Herbalife group currently employs 10,800 people.
Who are Herbalife’s competitors?
Several other large companies operate in the same or similar industry as Herbalife. Here are its main current competitors:
- Nu Skin Enterprises: This American multi-level marketing company specializes in the sale of health care products and food supplements.
- Amway: This U.S. direct selling company is a multi-level marketer and distributor of a wide range of skincare, nutrition and wellness products.
- Nature's Sunshine Products: Another Nasdaq-listed company also manufactures and distributes dietary supplements including herbs, vitamins, minerals and personal care products.
- Usuna Health Sciences: This multi-level marketing company offers nutritional products, dietary supplements and skincare products through a network of independent distributors.
- Bayer AG: This German pharmaceutical company is also very active in the field of nutritional supplements and medicines.
- Abbott Laboratories: Finally, this American pharmaceutical company, which employs more than 90,000 people, has also positioned itself in the natural treatments and skincare products sector for several years.
Who are Herbalife’s partners?
Herbalife does not have any strategic partnerships with other companies at the moment. However, it is a partner of many sporting events and sports clubs including:
- The French Volleyball Team
- The LA Galaxy Soccer Club
- Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo
- Soccer player Lionel Messi
- Gran Canaria Basketball Club
- The Grand East Swimming League
Want to buy stocks? Qtrade makes it easy.