Bausch Health Shares: Price, Dividends and Performance
Investing in Bausch Health stock (formerly Valeant stock) is a great way to get into the Canadian pharmaceutical industry.
How much can you make with Bausch Health stock?
Get up-to-date and precise information on Bausch Health stock with its current price, dividend yield, analysis and our opinion.
This page is for information purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Remember that investing can be risky.
Want to buy shares in Bausch Health: Our key take-aways
- Stock exchange: NYSE
- Stock index: S&P500
- Dividend 2021: $0
- Dividend forecast 2022: $0
- 1 year performance: -43.20%
Should I buy Bausch Health stock?
While Bausch Health does not pay a dividend to its shareholders, it remains an attractive growth stock.
If you're following a yield strategy, this is not an ideal stock, but the analyst consensus and the company's growth potential may suggest an attractive capital gain for a long-term holding strategy.
Ready to invest in Bausch Health? Shop now on Qtrade.
Want to buy stocks? Qtrade makes it easy.
How can I buy shares in Bausch Health ?
To buy Bausch Health on the stock market:
- Find an online broker offering stock investments.
- Open your trading account by filling out a simple form.
- Deposit funds into your account.
- Search for the stock
- Place a buy order to add Bausch Health to your stock portfolio.
How much are Bausch Health shares?
See price chart below to follow Bausch Health stock price in real time.
Why Bausch Health shares could go up:
Several important elements of Bausch Health's analysis show signs that this value can rise in the coming months or years:
- A large work force: Bausch Health currently has a large work force as the company employs more than 7,500 employees for its Valeant subsidiary.
- A diversified product portfolio: The group also has a diversified product portfolio that enables it to meet the demands of many customers and prospects.
- Numerous studies underway: in addition to its portfolio of patented products, the company has a product pipeline with products in late-stage development.
- Recent acquisitions: the group's recent acquisitions have also enabled it to position itself in minority markets such as generics.
- Strong specializations: the company is specialized in neurology and dermatology, which allows it to stand out in these two growth segments.
- Global presence: the company has an international presence with manufacturing sites in Canada and other countries.
Why Bausch Health shares could go down:
Of course, other elements are more pessimistic and lean more towards a decline in the price of this stock, including:
- A weak presence in emerging markets: the group still has a limited presence in emerging markets; on the other hand, however, this represents a significant growth potential.
- A strong dependence on the American market: the group's revenues are still generated mainly on the American market and is therefore very dependent on this market for its revenue generation.
- Regulatory changes: successive healthcare reforms in the United States may impact the activities and profitability of the Valeant Group.
- Strong competition: Finally, the Group faces very strong competition in the branded drugs market, which limits its market share.
Can I buy Bausch Health stock online?
Yes! You can buy Bausch Health shares online. For many buyers this is the best way to do it. Here's why:
- The commissions are lower
- You can choose your own investments
- You benefit from analysis and decision support tools
- You can invest in stocks directly or through derivatives like ETFs.
How can I sell my Bausch Health shares?
Selling Bausch Health stock in Canada is possible in several ways:
- You can sell shares you own for cash by placing a sell order online.
- You can sell these shares short with a margin account.
- Finally, you can speculate on the decline of this stock by using a derivative product such as an option or CFD.
What investment vehicles in Canada can hold Bausch Health stock?
Bausch Health shares can be placed in several different savings vehicles including"
- RRSPs: these registered retirement savings plans offer funds that are accessible at the time of retirement and offer an income tax deferral.
- TFSAs: tax-free savings accounts is an incredibly popular short-and long-term tax-free investment vehicle.
- Margin accounts: This account offers leverage and allows you to borrow against the value of the securities you hold to make other investments. It allows you to sell short.
- Cash accounts: This account allows you to trade stocks on North American markets only.
Most investors who want to invest in Bausch Health stock do so by buying single stocks for cash to add to their stock portfolio.
But you also have the option of investing in a more diversified way in this stock, as well as other stocks in the same sector, through an ETF, or exchange-traded fund, or a mutual fund.
Bausch Health share price history over 10 years:
Bausch Health dividends and payment dates
In 2021, Bausch Health paid no dividends to its shareholders.
It appears that the company has never paid a dividend to its shareholders in the past, due to its distribution policy, which is aimed at a growth strategy.
The company prefers to reinvest its profits in acquisitions and research and development.
What is the dividend yield for Bausch Health over the last 10 years?
The yield on Bausch Health shares is obtained by dividing the annual dividend by the annual average price.
A stock's yield provides key information about a company's dividend policy and its evolution over time and performance.
Good to know
Annual gross shareholder return = Total dividend for the year ÷ average share price for the same year
Good to know
The 10-year average return = Sum of annual returns ÷ 10
What analysts are saying about Bausch Health stock:
A critical analysis of Bausch Health stock:
Fundamental analysis of the Bausch Health Group shows positive indicators for the medium and long-term based on the following elements:
- High margins: before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, the company's margins are particularly high.
- Excellent financial situation: the company's financial situation appears to be very good with significant investment capacity.
- Upwardly revised estimates: Over the past year, analysts have revised their revenue estimates upward on several occasions.
- High price target: The average price target of the analysts working on this stock is relatively far from its current price, which suggests that the stock will perform well.
- Small differences in opinions: Analysts' opinions and estimates for this stock show little difference, which suggests good visibility of the business.
- Better-than-expected releases: Historically, the group has often released results above market expectations.
- High valuation: Based on current prices and in relation to the value of its tangible assets, the company appears to be highly valued.
A technical analysis of Bausch Health stock:
Technical analysis of the Bausch Health stock shows medium to long-term sell signals based on the following indicators:
- The RSI is currently at 39.45 and sends a neutral signal on this stock.
- The short and medium-term stochastics as well as the long-term stochastic are giving a neutral signal on this stock.
- The MACD is currently at -0.26 and is therefore slightly negative. It indicates a sell signal.
- The simple and exponential moving averages over all time frames give a sell signal.
- The next technical supports for this stock are located at 20.75 and 13.89 and its next resistances are at 27.78 and 34.64.
Who is Bausch Health?
Bausch Health Companies, formerly Valeant, is a pharmaceutical and medical device company.
Its activities include the development, manufacture and sale of a range of branded and generic pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter products and medical devices such as contact lenses, intraocular lenses, ophthalmic surgical equipment and cosmetic devices.
These products are marketed directly or indirectly in approximately 100 countries worldwide.
The group's segments include:
- Bausch + Lomb which includes sales in the United States and Bausch + Lomb Vision Care, Consumer, Surgical and Ophthalmology Rx products.
- Salix, which includes sales of gastroenterology products in the United States.
- Ortho Dermatologics which includes U.S. sales of Ortho Dermatologics products and worldwide sales of Solta aesthetic medical devices.
- International Rx
- Miscellaneous Products
The group currently employs 19,100 people.
Who are Bausch Health’s competitors?
Several major competitors of Bausch Health can take market share from it. Its main competitors are as follows:
- Pfizer: This American pharmaceutical company is present in more than 150 countries around the world and is the global leader in its industry. The company has completed several mergers with other companies.
- Merck: This German company is also one of the leaders in its sector and was founded in 1682. It operates in both the pharmaceutical and chemical sectors.
- Novartis: This Swiss pharmaceutical group was created by the 1996 merger of Ciba-Geigy and Sandoz and is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland.
- GlaxoSmithKline: The GSK Group is a British multinational company that is among the leaders in the global pharmaceutical industry. It was formed from the merger between Glaxo Wellcome and SmithKline Beecham in 2000.
- Sanofi: this French transnational company is active in pharmaceuticals and vaccines.
Who are Bausch Health’s partners?
Of course, the Bausch Health Group also has some allies to boost its growth. Its most recent partners include:
- AstraZeneca: The two companies joined forces in a partnership through which AstraZeneca granted its exclusive license to Valeant for the development of brodalumb.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance: the group has also partnered with this pharmaceutical distributor in the US to develop sales of its flagship products.
- Norgine: Finally, a last partnership has been set up with Norgine BV to obtain the development and marketing rights for NER1006 powder for oral solution in Canada and the United States.
Want to buy stocks? Qtrade makes it easy.