Is The Personal Dental Insurance The Best in 2024?
The Personal is a Canadian insurance company that specializes in group insurance, primarily home and vehicle insurance. It is a subsidiary of Desjardins General Insurance, the third-largest P&C insurer in Canada.
- The Personal was founded in 1974 as a joint venture between the Canadian Forces and the Imperial Life Assurance Company of Canada.
- The company's original purpose was to provide auto insurance to members of the Canadian Forces.
- Over the years, The Personal has expanded its product offerings and target market to include other groups and individuals.
Today, The Personal offers a wide range of insurance products, including:
- Home Insurance
- Vehicle insurance
- Recreational vehicle insurance
- Pet insurance
- Business Insurance
The Personal is known for its competitive rates, personalized service, and commitment to customer satisfaction. The company has been recognized for its excellence in customer service by the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) on numerous occasions.
Does The Personal Offer Dental Insurance?
The Personal does not offer dental insurance. However, there are a number of other Canadian insurance companies that offer basic to comprehensive dental insurance plans. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Manulife dental insurance
- Sun Life dental insurance
- Blue Cross dental insurance
- CAA dental insurance
- Costco dental insurance
- Canada Life dental insurance
- Desjardins Dental insurance
- RBC dental insurance
These plans are typically offered as either add-on dental coverage to the base health plan or standalone dental insurance.
If you would like to explore these health and dental insurance plans further, you can do it right here. You can compare the best dental insurance plans in Canada and get free quotes for them in no time using our comparator below.
Compare The Best Health Insurance Plans in Seconds
Why should you get dental insurance in Canada?
A personal dental insurance plan in Canada is a valuable investment for several reasons. First, it helps mitigate the high costs associated with dental care, which is not covered by the country's universal healthcare system. Regular dental check-ups and treatments are essential for maintaining good oral health, and having dental insurance can make these services more affordable.
Additionally, dental issues can escalate if left untreated, potentially leading to more extensive and costly procedures in the future. Dental insurance provides financial protection, encourages preventive care, and ensures timely access to necessary treatments, all of which contribute to better oral health and overall well-being.
What does dental insurance cover in Canada?
Dental insurance coverage in Canada can vary significantly depending on the specific insurance plan and provider. However, dental insurance typically covers a range of dental services and procedures, including:
- Preventive Care: Most dental plans cover routine preventive services, such as regular check-ups, cleanings, and X-rays.
- Basic Restorative Services: Dental insurance often covers basic restorative procedures like fillings, root canals, and extractions.
- Major Restorative Services: Some plans provide coverage for more extensive procedures, such as crowns, bridges, and dentures, which are necessary for restoring damaged or missing teeth.
- Orthodontic Care: Some dental insurance plans offer coverage for orthodontic treatments like braces, particularly for children or in cases of medical necessity.
- Periodontal (Gum) Care: Coverage may extend to periodontal treatments, such as scaling and root planing, to address gum disease.
- Emergency Dental Care: Dental insurance often includes coverage for emergency dental care, such as treatment for a dental injury or sudden, severe dental pain.
- Oral Surgery: Certain plans may cover oral surgical procedures, such as wisdom teeth extraction or dental implants.