Is Delta Dental Insurance Good in 2024?
Delta Dental Insurance is a dental insurance company that offers a variety of plans for individuals, families, and groups. It’s one of the largest dental insurance providers in the United States, with over 70 million members. The company has been in business for over 60 years and is known for its commitment to providing quality dental care at an affordable price.
Here are some key facts about Delta Dental Insurance
- Delta Dental plans typically cover a wide range of dental services.
- These services include preventive care (such as cleanings and X-rays), basic care (such as fillings and root canals) and major care (such as crowns and bridges).
- Some plans also offer coverage for orthodontic care and periodontal care.
Also, Delta has a large network of dentists who accept Delta Dental insurance. This means Delta Dental members can choose their own dentist and still be covered by their insurance plan.
Can you get Delta dental insurance in Canada?
Delta Dental Insurance is not available in Canada. It’s a United States-based dental insurance company, and it does not offer plans to Canadian residents.
However, there are many other dental insurance providers in Canada. Some of the most popular providers include:
- Manulife dental insurance
- Sun Life dental insurance
- Blue Cross dental insurance
- Costco dental insurance
- Canada Life dental insurance
- Desjardins Dental insurance
- RBC dental insurance
- CAA dental insurance
These providers offer a variety of dental insurance plans, including individual plans, family plans, and group plans. When choosing a dental insurance plan, it is important to compare the different plans and choose one that best meets your needs and budget.
You can compare quotes online by requesting cost estimates from these companies and others. This may be a long and time-consuming process. Instead, you can use our comparator below to compare the best health and dental insurance plans and get free personalized quotes in seconds.
Start Saving Today!
Compare Health and Dental Insurance Rates
What does dental insurance cover in Canada?
Dental insurance in Canada typically covers a wide range of dental services, including:
- Preventive care: cleanings, exams, and X-rays
- Basic care: Fillings, root canals, and extractions
- Major care: Crowns, bridges, and implants
- Orthodontic care: Braces and Invisalign
- Periodontic care: Treatment for gum disease
The specific services that are covered by your dental insurance plan will depend on the plan that you choose. Some plans offer more comprehensive coverage than others.
Good to know
Dental insurance plans in Canada typically have a waiting period before coverage begins. This means that you will need to wait a certain amount of time after signing up for a plan before you can start using your benefits. The waiting period varies depending on the plan, but it is typically 3 to 6 months.