How Much Is an iPhone 12 Across The World?
How much are you paying your iPhone home compared to other countries around the world? Let's find out!
Good to know
This map displays the average price (in Canadian dollars, national VAT rates included) in 37 representative countries for an iPhone 12 (256GB) as of January 2021. It is made upon data provided by the Mac Index website, whose rankings are filled in with Apple website metadatas.
Why do we do a world iPhone price index?
Since the first iPhone was launched in 2007, it has become one of the most purchased products throughout the world. Even if the competition on the smartphones market is getting always stronger, the iPhone price remains in 2021 a very reliable indicator for what concerns the cost of tech products in the different parts of the world.
Top 3 countries where the iPhone 12 is the most expansive
The top 3 countries where the iPhone 12 is the cheapest
Is buying an iPhone in Canada really cheaper?
When looking at our map, Canada appears number 3 in the ranking of the countries where buying an iPhone is the cheapest in the world, with an average price of 1339 CA$. However, this indicative price does not include the local consumption taxes that apply in every Canadian province on consumer goods. It is therefore interesting to apply those local taxes to have the estimated final price of an iPhone 12 in the different provinces of Canada.
|Provinces||Consumption taxes rate (%)||Estimated price ($)|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||15||1539|
It there appears that:
- With an average estimated price of 1405 CA$ for an iPhone 12, Alberta and the Northern provinces (Yukon, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories) are the most favored in Canada, with a global consumption taxe rate of 5%.
- On the other way round, with an average estimated iPhone 12 price of 1539 CA$, New-Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince-Edward Island and Quebec are the provinces where purchasing this smartphone is the most expansive, because of a consumption tax rate of 15% (14,975% for Quebec).
- There can be a difference of more than $100 when you buy an iPhone 12 depending on where you are in Canada!
The world iPhone 12 price index ranking
|4||United Arab Emirates||1397|
An international prospective on the iPhone price
First of all, we assume here that the average prices of the iPhone 12 (256 GB) displayed on the map reflect the price of the iPhone models in general in all the countries selected. When looking at the world iPhone 12 price index, at least 3 trends appear:
- North America is by far the cheapest continent to buy an iPhone 12
- Europe is the continent where buying an iPhone is the most expansive
- The price of an iPhone is rather fair in Asia
However, there are exceptions. For example, the price of the same iPhone 12 in the Philippines (1560 CA$) or Turkey (2062 CA$) is very high when correlated to their people's purchasing power.